Thursday, February 10, 2011

Throwback Thursday
Mom (circa 1950)
Rosia Lee Baldwin (1932 - 1975)
My mom was a beautiful and very creative woman.  She cooked, sewed, upholstered furniture, made hats, tanned leather and gardened.  It might just be that she was a woman of her time, when women learned to sew, knit, crochet, cook and do everything else that a man didn't do.  Now, as women, we fry up the bacon and bring it home too.  So many of us are so tired at the end of day, we just don't have the time or energy to be creative.  For all you ladies that do make time, God bless you.  As my mom passed it on to me, we must take up the mantle and teach a young woman a craft, something to feed her spirit and keep her sane.  Mom, I miss you.  You didn't get enough time to teach me all that you knew but your creative spirit flows through me. !  When I was little I sat at your feet as you did the must amazing things and I honor you today.  Remembering you still give me a sense that I can do anything.  Thank you, mom.  I still miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment